Saturday, 19 November 2011

Who Let The Dad’s Out?

Who let the dads out?Who let the dads out”, woof, woof…Remember that song from the movie Rugrats in Paris?

Well OK, it’s dogs not dads, but you get the idea!

St Paul’s are hosting a morning of fun and food for dads, and children aged 4-11, in a free event their calling “Who let the Dads out?”.

Dads chill-out in a relaxed cafe style play area. Music, weekend newspapers and unlimited bacon (and vegetarian) butties are on offer, whilst we sip  tea and coffee. I love the sound of this. They tell me we dads can also have the opportunity to join in with the children, playing games, if we don’t overdo it on the bacon butties.

Bacon Buttie Sarah Hounslow, Children’s Worker at St Paul’s, Camberley, is responsible for the event. She told me “This breakfast is a chance to give mum a break, to pamper herself, or just do some Christmas shopping, whilst dads get time to chill and spend time with their children.”

I know one mum that has decided to take advantage of this offer, which means I know exactly where I will be at 9.30am until 11.30am on Saturday 26 November. St Paul's, Crawley Ridge, Camberley, Surrey GU15 2AD. Sarah said it’s OK if I can’t make it on time. I can pop in anytime. Not sure if that offer extends to you, but worth a try.

I’m looking forward to sitting back, relaxing and enjoying free unlimited tea, coffee and bacon butties on St Paul’s! Now where are my children? Apparently I need them to get in.

For more information

Contact Sarah Hounslow on 07789 995274 or email childrensworker@stpaulscamb.co.uk